Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Lonely Tear

I said I want to be alone, She thought I want to be lonely,
I said lets have a walk, She thought I'll never stand only,
I said I want some space, She thought I want solitude,
I said I need some peace, She thought I showed her attitude,
I said I can't express, She thought I don’t want to say,
I said I’d like to join you, She thought I'm in her way,
I said I don't know it, She thought I don’t want to share,
I said I'll give you freedom, She thought I don’t even care,
I said I can explain, She thought I'm trying to cover,
I said I love you a lot, She thought our friendship is over,
I said you are mine, She thought I was possessive,
I said I'll die for you, She thought I was aggressive,
I said I really need you, She thought I was too selfish,
I said lets hold our hands, She thought I was too childish,
I said I'll do the listening, She thought I don’t want to talk,
I said lets both of us settle; She thought I don’t want to walk,
And then I said no more, She turned around sighing,
How can I even call her, even words leave you after dying...
Was it something which I said, or something which she thought,
Neither were we together, nor did we fought...
And now I regret those days, those days when she was near,
But the only one to hear me, is me and a lonely tear...
- Priyank Shah

No comments: