Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm a fool

Since a lot of you told me to write something different from my regular genre, I'm trying my hand for the first time on satire. I need your feedback on how it is. As this is my first time, things it may not be extraordinary or even good... But, please gimme a genuine feedback on this one.

I chose to be a poet, I chose to be a fool,
There's no money in poems, so I work like a mule,
I say that I work, for the love of the art,
But everyone knows, I'm acting rather smart,
This world isn't fair to the species called poet,
They deserve a lot more than what they usually get,
I could have written songs for the glamorous stars,
make muscle-men and hot-chicks groove on guitars,
Then I would have my photos printed on page-3,
And I would be on a money minting spree,
Or maybe I could write some musical ad jingles,
write some sonnets, some couplets or even singles,
I could sell colored water with added pesticides,
toothpastes with new ingredients, calciums and chlorides,
I could sell magically whitening washing powder,
or deodorants that guarantee removing every odour,
It's the world of ads and the world of songs,
These are the dreams which everyone longs,
The dream of every father for his son,
being a poet isn't a good option,
But I still chose to speak my mind out,
I chose to reveal, I chose to find out,
I chose to express what I really feel,
I chose to be blunt and I do it with zeal,
I know I'm a newcomer to this money minded school,
So, I chose to be a poet, I chose to be a fool...

Priyank Shah

4 comments:

Piyush said...

its good man...

sonali said...

hunmmm...nice bt nt tht much gud like ur poetry..yeaa smthing new frm u..but overall nice...

Anonymous said...

Was a good try in a different genre by u....keep going and keep exploring new dimensions of ur creativity...Although in a different genre it retains trademark feel of ur poetry...

Unknown said...

Good 1... :)